Jeroen Backx, Digital Artist
Full name: Jeroen Marinus Johannes Backx
Telephone: +31 (0) 6 289 414 59
Web (portfolio): www.jeroenbackx.com
Place and date of birth: Roosendaal, Netherlands, June 24 1981
Driver’s Licence: Category B
Avans University Breda (Netherlands)
2004 – 2008
Graduated in the Bachelor’s degree programme of Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD)
Minor Game Design
Minor Time Based Arts
Principal Artist at Vertigo Games, Rotterdam Netherlands
2021 – current
Art Director at Talespin NL, Utrecht Netherlands
2018 – 2021
Art Director at Sticky Studios, Utrecht Netherlands
2016 – 2018
Art Team lead at Sticky Studios, Utrecht Netherlands
Started as intermediate Artist in 2013, became Senior Artist and Art Team Lead in 2014
2013 – 2016
Founder and Owner at JB3D CGI, Etten-Leur Netherlands
2010 – 2013
Created a broad range of 3d assets for many different clients on a contracting and freelance basis.
3d Artist at Playlogic Game Factory, Breda Netherlands
2008 – 2010
Full-Time Contract, started as 3d artist in 2008. Promoted to 3d Art Team coordinator in 2009.
Intern at Playlogic Game Factory, Breda Netherlands
2007 – 2008
Internship and Part-Time employment as Junior 3d Artist
Freelance artist and webdeveloper, Roosendaal Netherlands
2005 – 2007
- Helped Create more than ten promotional movie tie-in games (four as Art Director) in four years for big Hollywood clients, most notably Warner Bros publishing.
- Lead a team of ten artists (3d, animation, concept art) for over 5 years at Sticky Studios, later merged with Talespin.
- Almost twenty years of experience with digital 3d and more than thirteen years of experience as a professional video-game artist.
- Created many 3d assets as a freelancer for popular triple-A video-games such as Bioshock Infinite by Irrational games, Kinect Star-Wars by Lucasarts, Kinect Sports Rivals by Rare and other titles.
- Lead a team of six to eight 3d artists during production of Fairytale Fights, an ambitious video-game for consoles (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3) by Playlogic Game Factory.
- Responsible for planning and production of more than 2000 game-ready 3d assets and more than one hundred 3d characters for the game Fairytale Fights. For over a thousand of assets I coordinated Outsourcing efforts.
- After the Fall (2021, Vertigo Games)
- Propel XRI (2018 – 2020, Talespin)
- Virtual Human Copilot (2018 – current, Talespin)
- Star-Wars Kinect (2011, Microsoft, Lucasarts)
- Bioshock Infinite (2011, Streamline Studios, Irrational Games)
- Darkout (2011, Indie-game by Allgraf)
- Fairytale Fights (2007 – 2010, Playlogic Game Factory)
- Mazerunner (2014, Warner Bros)
- Interstellar (2014, Warner Bros)
- Godzilla (2014, Warner Bros)
- Edge of Tomorrow (2014, Warner Bros)
- Gods of Egypt (2015, Lionsgate)
- Man from Uncle (2015, Warner Bros)
- Mazerunner Scorch (2015, Warner Bros)
- Suicide Squad (2016, Warner Bros)
- Tombraider VR (2017, Warner Bros)
- Geostorm (2017, Warner Bros)
- Rampage VR (2018, Warner Bros)
- Rise of the Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles (2018, Nickelodeon, Nicktoons)